Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Friendship is unnecessary.

I've been preaching a particular theme for this month that I've decided to start my blog, and interestingly enough, I came across a quote that ties friendship with reason to live the lives that we do, one that came from C. S. Lewis, or Jack, as he was nicknamed. I believe I now have the incentive to preach that we shouldn't take any amount of value in our lives for granted.


"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival."

C. S. Lewis


On a separate, but related, note, I found this quote highly entertaining:


"I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better."

Plutarch (a Greek philisopher)

No comments:

Post a Comment